- Eagle Scout - Boy Scouts of America
- B.S. Degree in Petroleum Engineering - Texas A&M University (1951)
- Professional Degree (M.S.) in Petroleum Engineering - Texas A&M University (1963)
- Selected by Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) to update two chapters of Petroleum Engineering and Production Handbook
- Served as Chairman of National Petroleum Committee of the National Council for United States-China Trade during 1981.
- Served as Distinguished Author for SPE during 1985-1986
- Served as Distinguished Lecturer for SPE during 1986-1987
- Elected a Distinguished Member of SPE in 1988
- Served as Distinguished Author for SPE during 1990
- 1995 recipient of SPE "Economics and Evaluation Award for contributions to petroleum engineering
- National President for Society of Petroleum Evaluation Engineers (
- 2001 recipient of American Institute of Mining, Metallurigical, and Petroleum Engineers (AIME) "Minerals Economics Award" - for significant contributions to the development of practical petroleum economic models and computer programs.
- Charter member of The American Institute of Minerals Appraisers.
- Listed in numerous Who's Who's
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Texas